Attorney Soujoud Hamade is a Dearborn native recognized for her depth of legal expertise, commitment to community, and proven track-record of winning. Ms. Hamade offers a range of legal services powered by extensive experience across transactional and regulatory matters, including the processing of municipal and state marijuana applications. To date, Ms. Hamade has prepared over 60 marijuana business applications in the State of Michigan without a single denial. Her advocacy and attention to detail has made her a highly sought-after legal consultant for local businesses and startups, including on safety and compliance matters within the cannabis industry.
Prior to founding HNH Law Group with Attorney Mustapha Hawily, Ms. Hamade was the director of compliance at Glorious Cannabis Co., where she developed the policies and protocols related to safety and regulatory compliance; oversaw the preparation and submission of applications for state and municipal licenses or certifications; conducted and lead regular internal audits of the facilities; and implemented relevant standard operating procedures alongside the COO.
She began her legal career at Dykema Gossett, where she was an associate member of the Government Policy Practice Group and focused on election, campaign finance, and lobby law; cannabis licensing; immigration law; energy law; and laws impacting nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations.
If you are an individual, startup, or corporation seeking the professionalism and legal expertise of a major firm, but also the individualized care of a boutique consultancy, then HNH Law Group is a perfect fit for you. Call 734.210.4721 to learn more and to schedule a free consultation.
More About Ms. Hamade
Memberships & Involvement:
- National Arab American Bar Association—Michigan Chapter, President
- National Arab American Bar Association, Co-Chair of Executive Committee
- Arab America Foundation, Michigan Leadership Council Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Seminars & Speaking Engagements:
- Panelist, Representation: Then and Now, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 03/09/2022
- Speaker, Cannabis Workshop & Conference, City of Inkster and HNH Law Group, 03/05/2022
- Panelist, Attorneys in Practice, Middle Eastern & North African Law Students Associations of University of Michigan Law, 2/22/2022
- Panelist, First Generation Attorneys, Wayne State Muslim Law Student Association, 11/19/2021
- Panelist, Critical Conversations: A Discussion on Best Practices for DE&I in Law Firms, Michigan State College of Law Seminar, 11/15/2021
- Moderator, Arab American Women on Taking Charge in the World of Nonprofits, Connect Arab America Empowerment Summit, 11/13/2021
- Panelist, Law and the Intersectionality of Culture & Religion, Oakland County Bar Association, 10/27/2021
- Panelist, Seminar on Law and Government Professions, Michigan State University College of Arts & Letters, 11/05/2020
- Panelist, 2020 Arab American Law Students 3azoomeh, National Arab American Bar Association, 10/08/2020
Honors & Awards:
- 30 Under 30, Class of 2021, Arab America Foundation
- Pro Bono Tier One, 2021 A Lawyer Helps Pro Bono Honor Roll, State Bar of Michigan
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award and Best Oralist Award in Advocacy, Michigan State University – College of Law
- Jurisprudence Achieve Award in Negotiation, Michigan State University – College of Law
- Distinguished Law Student Trailblazer Award, Michigan State University – College of Law
- Trustee Scholarship Recipient, Michigan State University – College of Law
- Semi-Finalist, 2017 Oral Argument Competition, Michigan State University – College of Law
Notary Public, State of Michigan, April 16, 2021 to May 20, 2027
Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2023